|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Friday, August 28, 2009

I've Reached a New Level...

I have reached a new level of ‘nerd’… I googled myself.

Have you ever tried "googling" yourself?  What was initially a simple and innocent curiosity for what I could possibly find when I typed in ‘Beth Cavender’, turned into a deep fascination in the world wide web’s ability to track me down.  Kind of creepy, really… 

I did find a few interesting things: I found my facebook (of course), the twitter address (I am never on), me on my sorority website, a blog comment to one of my Dad's posts, and a little article form the Creightonian (the Creighton Newspaper) about the Wing Fling event I planned in March 2008 for Gamma Phi (I am even quoted… with a picture! OOH!). 

Things like this make me incredibly happy that I am NOT famous.  I mean, do you ever wonder if celebrities google themselves? I probably would at first, but then I would probably later become extremely self-conscious.  I almost feel bad for celebrities in this way.  Details about their lives, their relationships, and pictures of them infest the internet.  No privacy.  I mean, I am a normal girl, average at core, and I am even able to be googled.  Weird. 

Well, if you are interested, just try it.  Maybe you will find something you never even knew was available for the world to see!

(If you wanna see my "AMAZING" appearance in the Creightonian, here you go... for all your viewing pleasure ;) --> Wing Fling Review in the Creightonian)

2 comments:

Cody said...

I tried to Google myself...and I must be the least important Cody Petersen in the world...cause I didn't even see a link that was actually me. :(

Jackie said...

Nor did I find anything about me. Everything I found was...echmmm... inappropriate. Think about it with my last name... let's just say most titles or descriptions invovled the words "sexy" and "hot."