Skype is truly one of the greatest inventions ever. I don't know who invented it or where it really came from - and honestly, I am too lazy to look it up - but that person deserves some major 'kudos.' Kudos, skype guy.... KUDOS. And even though I am not the best long distance communicator, skype makes it SO much easier to get in touch with the people you love and care about. And it's free. I love free things.
But really, skype is great - there's no doubt about it.
Today, I talked to some of my best friends over this fabulous communication tool. I love the fact that even though I am 18-19 hours ahead of most of my friends and family back in the states, we are able to bridge that gap of time and space and spend quality time together. [No, it's not the same as sitting and having coffee with someone face-to-face, but it's the closest I can get to that right now] The most important thing to me is that I can hear the voices and see the faces of those I truly care about. I love being able to continuously have the opportunity to share my heart and life with those on the opposite side of the world. I love the fact that I can pray with people over the internet. I love that my friends and I can still joke about stupid stuff without having to pay over-the-top phone fees. I love that I can talk with my parents weekly so that they know I am still alive and doing well. I love being able to hear what my sisters and brothers-in-law are up to these days.
I know skype isn't as great as face-to-face communication, but it's the closest option I have at the moment, and I think it's fabulous.
Thanks to everyone who has taken times out of their days and nights to chat with me on skype. Miss you dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment