|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On Working Out

I really enjoy working out... I am just honestly not that great about doing it.

I would describe myself as the "Workout Flake".  I am the person that goes on a big workout kick for a couple months and then will stop going for a few weeks... and then start again... and then stop again... And then sign up for a class... but then I won't do anything else... I'm just not that consistent.  This is one of the things about myself that annoys me the MOST.  The worst thing about it? I have COMPLETE control over it... I'm just not consistently disciplined. And I also look for excuses on why I shouldn't go work out... It's really rainy, I'll slip or I don't have anyone to run with or I just don't have time to go to th gym today or I am so tired! Bad excuses... HORRIBLE.

Living in NZ doesn't help either. After three weeks here, I went to the gym that's right across from the office and signed up for a membership.  I was super excited to have a place to go work out in - especially convenient being right next to work... I didn't have an excuse NOT to go!  But then... wah wah wahhhh... the earthquake.  The whole mall (gym included) was munted (destroyed) and won't be open until September.  SUCKS FOR ME.

I figured I could still run outside... but until I signed up for my 10k, I wasn't THAT consistent with that... at MOST once or twice a week.  Once I signed up for my 10k, I was pretty golden for 6-7 weeks... but once the race was done? Oops.  Maybe I should just continuously sign up for 5k and 10k races so that I keep running...

Anyways, I was just thinking about how I need to go run this afternoon when I stumbled across this video (typical...). I think it's hilarious... hope you enjoy it too and get motivated to go have a good workout ;)

No comments: