|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MySpace and the list of a Few of my Favorite Things...

I used to have a MySpace. Truth. Are you really that surprised?

In junior high and high school, this was the facebook. It was how I kept in contact with my friends, including one of my best friends, Sophie, who lives in England. It was the fad. I haven't been on MySpace in well over a year... the only reason I really kept my account once I went to college was because this was how I found out about new music and new bands. Being the emo, slightly anti-social girl I was, I would spend HOURS just looking up random music and downloading all the free files. NICE. Well, this afternoon, while I was just sitting at home and enjoying my Thanksgiving break and the time away from school, I thought, What the heck? Why not log into my MySpace account? After trying 4 different passwords, I finally logged in successfully. It's pretty funny. I haven't updated anything in almost two years. My 'About Me' section still said I was a Sophomore and all my photos are pretty old. It made me laugh looking through everything... all the hardcore music I obsessed over, my nose ring, and just the other random and pointless information I posted.

Something I did post on MySpace that I found really entertaining was my list of all of my "Favorite Things". I posted hundreds of things that I loved... obviously, I did not have a life... but I remember this list not being all at one time but I would continue to add on it every time I found something I really liked... here is my list if you have the time to read through them:

- Concerts
- Fluffy Snowflakes
- Waking up before my alarm goes off
- Taking pictures of anything, really
- Coming up with a really great composition for a new painting or drawing
- Laughing till my stomach hurts
- Snail Mail
- A really good, new CD and listening to it non-stop for weeks
- Baseball game hotdogs
- tea
- falling asleep in the Terrill's hammock
- Driving around town just for fun
- The smell of fresh flowers
- Romania
- Wandering through art museums
- Singing my heart out, whether it is at church in front of a ton of people or alone in the shower, it doesn't matter, I love to sing
- Surprise parties
- Carving pumpkins
- Playing UNO with Sophie
- Visiting Amanda and Elliot at their apartment in Evanston
- Snapping with the Gamma Phi's
- Finding the perfect item while shopping
- Taking pictures on PhotoBooth with Courtney
- Fabric Softener
- Candles
- Amazing fellowship
- Getting all dressed up
- A really good pair of shoes
- Eating late at night at the Full Moon
- Dance Parties
- Star gazing at LF beach
- Watching the sun rise
- Down Comforters
- Wearing Hats
- Sushi with Jackie and my Dad
- A good run early in the morning (on select days)
- Seeing/Reading about people I know in the newspaper
- Reading the Bible
- Jetskiing and falling off
- Homemade cookies in a care package
- Visiting the Zoo
- Being random and spontaneous
- Watching intense movies (cause I'm "basically a guy")
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Colorado
- The Cavender Family Quote Board
- Talking to my sisters on the phone
- Eating at Walker Bros. with all the girls
- Making fun of Texas
- Walking through a park in the springtime
- The really corny singers/worship leaders at church
- Love Songs
- Shaving Cream Fights at Meredith's House
- Coffee Dates
- Learning more about God every single day
- Being asked for advice and help
- Cheap Chocolate Ice cream (I think the kind that comes in the cardboard box is always better)
- Pretending to be Emo with Emily Wirtz
- IHOP (International House of Prayer)
- Autumn and the changing leaves
- Buffalo Wild Wings and Karaoke
- Beautiful quotes
- Giving Presents and Cards
- Seeing plays and musicals
- Christine's Mother-Daughter Annual Christmas Cookie Party
- Talking to and being in the presence of Jenni Terrill
- Witnessing Marilyn Richards "break it down"
- Rock, Paper, Scissors, SLAP
- Dark Dove Chocolates and those lame sayings in the foil wrapper
- Theme Parties
- Fancy Dinners and Cocktail Parties
- Bowling
- Dodgeball (especially outside when it's muddy)
- The OCHOS
- C.S. Lewis Books
- Making Snow Angels
- Watching/Hearing people play guitar and piano
- Big Sunglasses and Jewelry
- Family Time
- Hugs
- Making my infamous, random mixes
- Picking up Seashells and walking on the beach
- Riding the 4 person bikes at Navy Pier
- Giggling for no reason with Lisa and Tabitha
- Madrigals and Chorus
- DMC's (Deep meaningful conversations)
- Jack Bauer
- Jim Gaffigan Jokes
- Seeing cute, old, married couples still in love
- All of my friends who have loved me and supported me through anything I have gone through
- Crying when you are happy
- Weddings
- Riding the Metra
- The way God has broken my heart
- Feeling the sun on my face
- Apples to Apples
- The Bennett Family and listening to their amazingly hilarious stories
- My Family and everything about them
- Warm clothes that just came out of the dryer
- Shopping for new towels
- Dancing in the rain
- Paintball... even though I get beat so bad
- The Tate Modern
- Journaling
- Quoting Movies with Patrick
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm
- GMa's Thanksgiving Dinners
- Cooking
- Dry Humor
- Watching Creighton Basketball
- I love the 80's and 90's
- Sharing awkward moments with jaK
- Apple Picking
- Taking long walks to Walgreen's with Wirtz
- Laughing about Kelli's crazy cats.
- Visiting Classrooms and just thinking about being a teacher
- Listening to Theological speakers here at CU
- Playing Risk with Cam and Cody
- Post-its
- Dining Hall Chocolate Milk
- Bubble Baths
- Dressing up in 80's wear
- Making T-Shirts
- Bouquets of flowers (especially tulips)
- The feeling of your stomach dropping after going down the big drop of a roller coaster
- Acoustic Music
- Europeon Basilicas and Cathedrals
- The Big smiley face cookies at LFHS... man I miss those.
- Art Studio with Zare
- World Mandate
- Taking pictures in the Old Market with Megan and Courtney
- Mr. Coad's Calc Class
- Juarez, Mexico
- Sokol Underground
- Homemade Breakfast with my Crescent Sister, J Stein
- The first snow of the season
- Mark Rothko paintings
- Worship Music
- Hearing Crazy Courtney Stories
- Chasing squirrels and rabbits around campus... or just watching Dan do this.
- Late night hangouts on the mall
- The smell of fresh cut grass and the air after it rains
- Heat Lightning
- Frosties from Wendy's
- Peace
- Tabitha's "I'm going to kill you" face
- Slip n' Slides
- Learning about the environment
- Mom/Daughter Week
- Cherry Starbursts
- Hoodies
- Watercolor colored pencils
- Picture Frames
- Playing freeze tag out on the KFC lawn in the rain
- Laughing about the past
- The stomach jitters you get when you see someone you really care about or have missed
- Cancelled Classes
- My Gamma Phi Family, The Curtis'
- Snow Days
- Mint Mojito Orbit
- Being my goofy self with the people that truly love me for me
- Being respected and trusted
- Degas and his Ballerinas
- Photo shoots
- The Word Association Game
- Being able to be quiet/silent with someone without awkwardness
- Creamslushes
- God's Grace
- The words "I miss you"
- The way your hair feels, looks, and smells right after you go to the salon
- Driving with the windows down and having the wind blow on your face and through your hair
- Sunshine
- Splashing in puddles
- Tutoring at Jackson Elementary
- Elaborate Architecture
- Interior Decorating
- Watching Makeover shows
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Hearing really old pop songs from your early teen years and remembering all the words
- Being a geek and reading Harry Potter
- Victoria's Secret Lotion and Perfume
- Stunning landscapes that just scream God's Beauty and Wonder
- The feeling of clean, cool sheets on your legs right after you shave them
- Organizing my planner
- The Cerulean Blue Crayola Crayon
- Making s'mores
- Putting "In Bed" at the end of fortunes (in the fortune cookies... yeah.)
- Talking with with Cameron in his car in the LFC parking lot late at night then being kicked off by campus security
- My piercings
- Blonde Jokes
- Reading Christian Theology and Doctrine
- Playing on Jungle Gyms
- Brand new charcoal
- The sounds of Helicopters over head
- Riding on the Tube with Sophie and seeing famous people
- Multigrain Cheerios with French Vanilla Yogurt
- Hanging out with Carolyn to just talk about life
- Being Seranaded to in my dorm room
- Being a girl... just in general... it's great
- Getting a good grade on a paper/project/test you thought you bombed
- Listening to the rain on my window
- Gamma Phi Beta and everything about it
- The months of May, October, and December
- Telling Gina about the crazy dreams I had the night before
- The feeling of wet sand in between your toes
- Laughing at myself
- Thrifting
- Amanda and Jackie
- Mid/Late 90's Rap... like Coolio
- Cuddling and Spooning
- Sitting in the massage chairs in the student center... well depending on what setting they are on...
- Trusting the Lord and knowing everything is going to be alright
- Talking to Jen and Courtney about saving ourselves for hot, passionate, awkward honeymoon sex and having our conversation being overheard by many in the student center... CRAP
- Amanda's Chicken soft tacos
- Feeling like you are a little kid again... like having sleepovers, pillow fights, and telling ghost stories before you go to bed
- Girl Scout Cookies... mainly the Carmel Delights and Peanutbutter patties
- Hearing Dan play piano
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Washing your face after a really long and stressful day
- Trying new things
- Meeting people that are really confident and self-aware
- Wifebeaters (the clothing item, not the people)
- Creighton
- Freedom
- Saint Augustine and Saint Thomas Aquinas
- My baggy jeans
- Jumping in piles of leaves
- Giants, Wizards, and Elves
- Watching Nick milk a cow (probably one of the funniest things in the world)
- Emo/Indie Boys... like Boris
- Homecooked meals
- Sunrise CCLF Easter Service at the Beach
- Cheetah flats
- Giggling with jaK about absolutley nothing relevant
- Fingerpainting
- Making a build-a-bear
- Super Target... I would totally live here if I could....
- Rootbeer with lemon
- Finding change on the ground
- Drinking Water
- Talking about Philosophy and life
- Genuinely talented individuals
- Scented Markers
- Dressing up in intense softball uniforms with Tabitha
- Searching for Queen Nefertitti's with Tabitha but then never being able to find it, so deciding to act like menopausal women blaring love songs out of the yellow mini mobile till 4... after chowing down on full moon cuisine of course
- Easter egg hunts
- My "Mom Bags"... I could probably fit a small child in them if I wanted to...
- Scrambled eggs made by Sean in Becker
- Reading Cereal Boxes
- Pretending to be trendy
- Finding out about an awesome new band
- Free T-shirts
- Fresh-squeezed juice in the morning
- Take-out Chinese Food
- Looking at all the puppies at Lamb's Farm
- Pen and Ink Drawings
- Eating cookie dough straight from the bowl
- Wrapping presents
- Tabitha's nickname for me = Bah (long story if you really wanna know why...)
- Falling alseep in the really big, suede, circle chair that is in the library
- Tricking telemarketers by speaking french on the phone
- Nathan Young
- The stage when you are so tired, you get loopy and crazy
- Falling asleep on the lawn in the sun
- My blessing bracelet from Allison
- Twirling in flow-y skirts and and dresses
- Eating claussen pickles out of the jar
- Sucking in Helium from balloons (even if it does destroy my brain cells)
- The Numa Numa video (it still makes me laugh really hard)
- Jumping on beds
- Pura Vida Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee
- Chapstick
- Big Sweatshirts
- Cuddling up in my bed on a rainy day
- Flinstone Vitamins
- Halls Fruit Breezers Throat Drops
- Intimacy with the Almighty
- Reminiscing nasty trends from the 90's... like roll on glitter from bath and body works
- Displace Me 2007
- Late night breakfast in Becker served by the RA's
- Mass slumber parties in our dorm room
- Home cooked meals
- Free Trade Coffee
- Sweat-Free Shirts
- Non-Conflict Diamonds
- Camping
- Eating Burnt Marshmallows
- Meeting new people
- Waking up everyday
- Telling people about something I am passionate about
- Slip 'n slides
- Trying on fancy dresses just for fun
- Having a conversation with someone for a really long time and never running out of things to say
- Dancing and singing to cheesy VBS songs (Jump to the left and jump to right and sing to the Lord with all of your might...)
- Cuddling with SamSam
- Being handy and fixing things with my toolkit
- The feeling of accomplishment
- Blasting music and painting
- Posters
- The feeling when my heart flutters
- Pillow pits
- Going down slides
- Purple Highlighters.. you never see them much these days
- Encouragement
- Birthdays and the celebration of life
- Writing letters and cards
- Wisdom
- People who are knowlegable about the world
- Innocence
- Grace
- Days when you feel super skinny
- The Safety and Health of loved ones
- Accents
- Mother-Daughter bonding (most times)
- Being able to remember my dreams from the night before
- Pilates
- Burning Incense
- Having a good dance partner
- All Natural Chapstick
- The rainbows that are made by the reflection of water (specifically from sprinklers) and sunlight
- Morning dew
- Using a thesaurus
- God putting me out of my comfort zone
- TV show theme songs
- Will and Grace
- Facials and Massages
- Shopping with my mom
- Laughing with Nikki and Ashley in the backroom at work
- Blowing bubbles in my drinks with a straw... I love feeling like a 5 year old
- Spontaneous singing and dancing
- Driving on Delaney and Wadsworth... there are some pretty cool views especially at night
- People who respect my opinions on political and social matters
- fauxhawks
- Magic eight balls
- Having an afternoon Pimms and/or glass of wine with the Perrotts at their home in England
- Bandanas
- Camping with the RO girls
- Potbelly's Dreambars
- Taking funny pictures on my Mac with Amanda and Jackie
- Coffee table books
- Water parks
- Getting free Hazelnut Soy Lattes for early morning intern meetings... thanks SY!
- Converse
- Opening Bands and how they always come out and talk to you after the show. So real and so awesome.
- The chocolate cake at the Bridge
- Johnny and his big yellow van and crazy driving
- Talking to homeless people
- Late night walks
- Playing on the playgorund of death in RO
- My RO families
- Media Fasting
- Scribble Drawing with Elliot, Kristina, and Patrick
- Brushing my teeth
- Color coordinating
- Comics in the Sunday paper
- The Power of Prayer
- The Peacefulness and Calm lifestyle of the Romanians
- Glow in the dark mini golf
- Seeing really great movies in the theater
- Being pleasantly surprised
- Cotton Dresses
- Seeing a friend for the first time in a really long time and feeling like nothing has changed between the two of you
- Tubing (snow and water)
- Jumping off the back of boats
- Free things
- Song of Songs 2:10-13
- Sidewalk Chalk Drawing with Kristina
- Compromise
- Flag Football Tournaments
- Crushing Stereotypes
- Dr. Dickel's ridiculous comments and tangents during Child and Adolescent Development
- Texting Byron and Carolyn throughout educational psychology
- The Office and Jim Halpert
- Having my own bathroom
- Dark Hair and Light Eyes
- Decorationg Christmas trees and my room for Christmas
- Sleeping with a fan on
- Avocado
- Recruitment Practices for Gamma Phi
- Helping the students in the classrooms I observe with their art projects
- Oprah
- Blue Pen
- Wolves Hockey Games with my Family
- Chicago and everything about it
- Funny Halloween costumes that don't involve lingerie or animal ears
- Road Trips
- Cultural Saturdays with Katie Smith, Carolyn, Katie May and Kathleen
- Poetry Slams
- Ted and Wally's
- Almonds
- Being pleasantly surprised
- My over-the-shoulder bag
- My Car, Leo
- Meaningful Song Lyrics,
- Boat rides with the Strickland Family
- Kind and Happy people that just radiate goodness... these are the people that I want to surround myself with
- Text messages from my Dad just telling me he loves me and to have a good day
- Fleece
- Asking Questions
- Anxious/Excited feelings when you are finally about to go to something/do something that you have been planning to do for a really long time
- The Finer Things Club
- Mascara
- Seeing my parents during break

I just love reading back on stuff like this and realizing how different I am... or how I am scarily the same in so many ways...

I no longer use MySpace... not even for music... but it was nice to have a little "Blast from the Past" moment.

Here are a few of the good pictures to leave you all with: (I was such a MySpace girl, not even funny...)

1 comment:

Cody said...

Just wanted to say that apparently I have no life either...cause I read every single one of those! I'm pretty sure that you have some repeats...does that mean you love them double or do they cancel out?

p.s.
I went through an addicted to hardcore/emo phase too...I think its normal...or at least I hope so.