I just finished my first journal ever. Cover to cover, it's filled. This might not sound particularly interesting to you, but I am REALLY excited! See, I have always liked journaling, but I wasn't very consistent in doing it. I would journal for a couple months and then go into a funk and not write anything for a few months. I had some weird complex with returning to that same journal with the proof that I was really inconsistent in my records. So, I would always buy a new one. Due to this, I have about 7 journals that are, at most, half-way filled. Well, last September, I bought a new journal because I really wanted a fresh start; I wanted to be more dedicated to written prayer requests, my thoughts, and basically what is going on in my life and how I see God working. Well, I finished it. Finally! It is really exhilarating for me. I had a personal goal for myself to be more dedicated to this and to use it as a helpful tool in growing in my faith, and I did it. I started my new journal yesterday, and it is a little surreal for me, if that makes any sense. The clean pages. The crispness when I write. The outside isn't worn down or tearing at the corners. I am excited to start this new journal... Pushing myself to write every single day, even if it is simply one memory or record of how I saw God working... or even a prayer request or two. I need to write every day. This journey that I am on (Hello, LIFE!) is so interesting and I learn new things every single day. God is continually teaching me about myself, Himself, and others. Why wouldn't I want those memories documented? Anyways, this will be fun.
::Me and my new journal... YAY!::
1 comment:
Hey, congrats on finishing your journal. I love that feeling!
I always used to leave my finished journals somewhere that someone would find them, like at a bus stop (I never put any names in, for obvious reasons).
I always wanted people to read what I'd written, guess that's why I got into blogging.
Anyway, love your blog!! Following.
Post a Comment