|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Clumsy Me.

For any of you that have been around me for more than one hour at a time, you know that I am clumsy. Clumsy and awkward. I am not ashamed of it... anymore. I used to get really embarrassed, but now, I try to just laugh it off. Being uncoordinated does bring about some good stories, though...

1. I ran into/over a bush while running one afternoon. I turned a corner and there was a random bush, just right there. I didn't stop, but I did almost fall on my face. When I looked up, people eating outside were trying their hardest not to laugh. Let's just say, I ran my 3 miles in record time that afternoon...

2. I ran into a glass door at work. It was busy and I was in a rush to get something from the backroom for a customer. Not paying attention, I ran smack into the glass door of one of the jewelry cases. Result? The entire store turning around and laughing.

3. Playing Ultimate frisbee. This is probably my favorite game EVER. But, one fateful night at youth group, my arms and legs decided not to cooperate with me. I dove for a catch, tripped and landed on my face. And no, I did not catch the frisbee. Result? Yep, you guessed it: laughter. And nonstop torment from both the kids and my fellow sponsors... THANKS GUYS.

4. Dinner with my family in Chicago at a really nice restaurant called WildFire. I was wearing heels (but they were worn down to that nice, slippery point where there is no longer an traction). I walked to the bathroom, but on my way, as soon as I step on the hard wood floor instead of the carpet, my feet sweep up from under me and I land right on my butt in front of all the waiters and kitchen staff. NICE. Three people came running over to help me up. I was wearing a skirt too... anddddd that ripped. Great night.

Along with these stories, I trip at least five to ten times a day, I always seem to have some kind of bruise on my body from bumping into something, and I frequently spill on myself (often times conveniently when I am wearing white... Awesome.) It's a funny trait that has progressively been getting worse as I grow up. Every one goes through at least one awkward phase in their lives... but for me, I think God decided to make my entire life one giant awkward phase. The moment I don't think I could be more awkward or clumsy, the next moment I am running into a waiter at a restaurant spilling food and water everywhere. God, you are such a jokester....

1 comment:

Alyse said...

haha i simply adore the clumsy you :) good laughs and great fun, and i like having a friend who also cannot walk in a straight line at their best. i relate well.