|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Waste Paper... :(

I have been wanting to print off all my blog posts for awhile now... I mean, I started back in 2007 and haven't saved anything.  My blog has been a record of my thoughts on heaps of different topics and I have kind of poured my heart out in a lot of different ways.  It's kind of my baby (I know, weird). But, Thanks to time constraints, my laziness, and unwillingness to pay that much money for tons of paper, I just haven't built up the energy to print anything off or record any of it.

However, when I woke up this morning, I had a change of heart... I had a dream last night, a dream that the internet completely crashed and EVERYTHING was lost.  I am talking no more email, no google, no facebook, NOTHING.  All the sites would have to be rebuilt from scratch.  Nothing was saved or kept in external files.  That meant that all my blog posts were kaput.  That would totally suck... especially since I am kind of a journal freak and this is one of my means of journalling/internal and emotional output..

Waking up and thinking about how horrible this scenario would be if it actually came true made me realize how much I really did feel the need to turn my blog into paper form.  So this morning at work - while the day was a bit slow - I printed... and printed some more... and printed some more...

Result?  My whole blog thus far.  I know, I realize that this is a waste of paper and I probably could have done something in a more environmentally friendly way... or realized that my dream was just a dream and the likelihood of anything like that happening in the future is slim, but now, I feel better... and I get to be creative and figure out a fun way to preserve it all into a 'blog journal'...


(Too bad I look like an old lady/librarian in this photo...)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

A HOT librarian!