Lucky for me and the rest of New Zealand, we were apparently supposed to be the first to experience the beginning of the end... a rapture that would take all believers to Heaven along with a giant earthquake that would set the stage the world's last five months of torture and torment for non-Christians around the globe. Well Harold Camping, sorry to say that there were no major earthquakes for New Zealand today... or any other country around the world... oh shoot, except for Iceland... poor Iceland. And on further note, there was a full house at church this morning. So, either none of us here made the cut, or it was NOT Judgment day. I am going for the latter.
Since I first heard about Camping's theories soon after I first arrived in New Zealand, I just thought to myself... "What? Nutter." I mean, for thousands of years, people have been trying to predict the end of the world. And guess what people?... NO ONE HAS BEEN RIGHT YET. And I don't think anyone will ever be right. Honestly, I don't get the fascination with it why people want to know when "the end" is so badly. In my opinion, it shouldn't make a difference when it is. Shouldn't we essentially be living like every day is kind of our last? Shouldn't we be putting our heart and soul into everything we do? Shouldn't we be joyous with how we are living our lives and where we are investing our time and our efforts? I would really like to think that at the end of the day, I'd be alright with the end.
I feel like I have been talking about this whole rapture nonsense for the past week straight here. I have had more theological discussion about the end times within three days than I think I've had in my entire life. Without being overly scriptural or theological at the moment, let me just say that I don't think humans will ever get the date of the end times correct. God's not that predictable.
Justin McRoberts, one of my favorite musicians, wrote a really good blog post about 'Judgment Day' and I think you should take a nosy. Let me know what you think.
Justin McRoberts: 'Judgment Day'
Cheers for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment