|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Omaha 'To Do' List

So, this past weekend when I was at home, I finally booked my flights for New Zealand. I am officially leaving the 23rd of January. As excited as I am, I cannot believe how soon that date actually it! Kind of scary.

Well, because I only have roughly 30 more days in Omaha altogether, I decided to make a 'to-do' list for myself. I have lived in Omaha for almost 4 and a half years now and there are still a bunch of things I have NOT done or things I want to make sure I do again before I depart (hopefully not for GOOD, but we'll see...)

Here's my list... let me know if you would like to join me and take part in these activities... I would LOVE some company :)

1. Take night walks downtown and on Creighton's campus... both just turned on their Christmas lights, so I really just want to walk around and look at them!

2. Eat Sushi. I LOVE sushi. Fact. So I have to eat it at least once before I leave. I know, I know, I can always eat it at home, but I always used to go to Blue happy hour with friends last year, so it is sort of reliving those moments.

3. Visit the Kent Bellows exhibition at the Joslyn. Still haven't done so and I hear it's INCREDIBLE.

4. Take a picture of me standing on the Iowa/Nebraska state line on the Pedestrian bridge. Is this one cheesy and super lame? Yes. Yes it is. But I don't care... I want my picture...

5. Take a couple more walks around heartland park and on the Pedestrian bridge. I love this area of downtown... just really relaxing to me even though the river is disgusting and the geese hiss at you.

6. Have a traditional Nebraskan beer at Upstream. I am not the biggest fan of Upstream's food, but they have some legit beer.

7. Go to the Lauritzen Gardens - Omaha's Botanical Center. I know it's winter now, but hopefully when I go, there will be super pretty snow around.

8. Eat at Amsterdam... never been there? Oh man, you are missing out.

9. Spend an entire midnight trip at the Donut Stop... I wanna see how long I last.

10. I don't even know when the Zoo closes, but I would love to go to the zoo one last time... I LOVE the zoo... except for the alligators. I don't like them.

11. Go to the Omaha Public Library and read. I have never been since I have lived here... I always see police cars outside of it and such, but I am just really curious as to what it looks like on the inside.

12. Have dinner and a movie at the Midtown crossing theater... I love that you can dine in. I have only been to this theater once and I didn't eat.

Well, that's my list as of now... I will probably think of more. If you have any ideas for things to do or you would like to join me in my adventures, let me know!

No comments: