I LOVE top ten lists. There is something about the ranking process that’s truly enjoyable for me… it’s not like I am ranking people or anything, but for me, they are just reasons why I like certain things – you know, just reflecting on how much I enjoy certain life situations. It’s sort of healing. Helps me remember the little things in life and makes me pretty grateful! So, below are a few top ten lists I am pretty passionate about right now… ENJOY!
Top ten reasons I am glad to be done with my art show:
10. I have time to read books for FUN. I don’t really remember the last time I read a book for fun… I am pretty sure it was at the very beginning of the summer. I really like reading (and I wish I did it more), but during the school year, especially with student teaching last semester and then working on my art show most of the summer and the first half of the semester, I have not been able to just sit down and read a book without worrying about finishing a homework assignment or doing research for my thesis. I have a lot of books too, so I am super pumped to just pick one out and start reading. I think I will choose The Hobbit… I find it pretty fitting since I will be moving to New Zealand in January (where Peter Jackson will be starting to film the movie in February).
9. I can paint my nails. When I was preparing for my show, I literally did not go ONE day with completely clean hands. Since I worked with acrylic washes, the paint would splatter and just get all over me. I did not bother to paint my nails since the beginning of summer (until the day of the show), because I knew they would just get ruined the next hour. So now? HELLOOOOO OPI!
8. I have time to clean, organize, and pack up my apartment. Just being honest with you (hope you don’t get too grossed out), but I haven’t done a super good thorough clean of my apartment since probably summertime. I haven’t had a day to dedicate to just clean everything super well. Now, I CAN! Cleaning is actually a really good stress reliever for me, so cleaning, packing and organizing my apartment will help me relax!
7. I won’t cry as much. I am an emotional wreck… For three months straight, I literally cried at least once a day. The record amount? Seven. Pathetic? Yes. Oh well. I get to save money on Kleenex now.
6. I get to blog again! I love blogging. So now, I can blog on a more regular basis and keep all you lovely people entertained… kidding… but really.
5. I can just enjoy the art making process to it’s fullest. Now that my thesis is wrapped up and I am done with my painting independent study, I am only in three classes… two of which are art related. I can go to Life Drawing and printmaking and just enjoy making art without any pressures or feelings of needing to meet some sort of criteria. Being able to draw the figures in life drawing has been great this past week.
4. I can RUN again. I have not enjoyed a good run or workout in… well let’s just say, A LONG TIME. Too long, in fact. I felt like I had hit this huge milestone when I was training for the Lincoln half-marathon and was able to run 8 miles… but when I strained my calf and couldn’t run, I had to start from scratch. Then, horrible timing, my art show comes along and I have no time to run. Now I can… and I can’t wait to just get back into it. It will suck at first, but I know my body will feel so much better than it has for the past few months.
3. I am that much closer to graduating! After 18 years of schooling, I will finally be done (well… for now… graduate school pending). It is crazy to think about. I really like school, especially college, but I am ready for a break. I can’t imagine NOT going to school, but I am excited for the new adventures… and speaking of new adventures…
2. I am moving to NEW ZEALAND! If you can’t tell, I am REALLY excited about this. I have an internship for six months in ChristChurch. I cannot wait to see where God leads me and what he has planned for me there. I know I am going to be really challenged.
1. I get to hang out with my best friends again. Since summer, I have not had a social life. That is not an exaggeration. I have grown accustomed to being by myself… and if not by myself, with Sarah Stormberg, my art exhibition partner. We became really close, which I loved, but at the same time, I was really lonely. I missed my friends and my family. I felt very alone and not being able to hang out or do anything with my friends because I was working on my art bummed me out. I felt like I didn’t even have time to talk on the phone with people. It was miserable. Well, after I was reminded of how much my friends love me by their appearances at my art opening, I cannot WAIT to be able to hang out with them again. YAY FOR SOCIAL LIVES!
Top ten reasons favorite bands/singers/musicians right now:
10. The Spill Canvas
9. Alkaline Trio
8. MuteMath
7. Frou Frou
6. Ben Harper
5. GLEE cast
4. Varnadore
3. Cartel
2. All Time Low
1. The Classic Crime
Top ten reasons I love fall:
10. Fireplaces are being used. If I had to imagine my ideal night, it would involve sitting around a fireplace with friends. I just love fireplaces and fires. Pyro? Mmm hmm.
9. It has great holidays… Thanksgiving and Halloween! Best. Food. EVER at Thanksgiving. And for Halloween? Free Candy, hilarious costumes, and carving pumpkins… sounds like perfection to me.
8. Playing in leaves. Self-explanatory.
7. My favorite months are September and October.
6. The temperature! 50’s-low 70’s… perfection. It means you are not bitterly cold, but it is still chilly enough to get that crispness in the air. ALSO, I hate sweating unintentionally, so the fact that this weather keeps that issue regulated makes me pretty happy.
5. It means Christmas is right around the corner… fresh snow, Christmas trees, decorations, family gatherings, ugly sweaters, the WHOLE she-bang… gosh dang it, I love Christmas.
4. Fall Fashion! I LOVE fall fashion. I love sweaters, coats, jeans, boots, warm socks, you name it. It probably doesn’t help that I work at a clothing store that sells adorable fall clothes so it just makes me want to buy everything. But really, fall fashion is great… and it works well for me because I am known as “the neutral queen”, so it’s a more socially acceptable time to wear neutrals without seeming boring or morose.
3. The smells… pumpkin, spices, apple, caramel, pine, amber, and the other super rich smells that come with it. Thank goodness for candles too… then I can have fall all year round in my apartment.
2. The GORGEOUS colors. Reds, oranges, and yellows. I think the changing leaves and the amazing sunsets and sunrises are just perfect pictures of God’s creativity and His beauty. It’s incredible… photosynthesis.
1. Caramel Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate. Does this really need an explanation for being #1? I think both these delicious drinks are God’s great gift to mankind. Thanks, God, for giving us taste buds to enjoy these spectacular beverages.
No comments:
Post a Comment