|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vision of You.

Worship is such a powerful thing. Not just in song, but in prayer and in lifestyle. Worship is something we should constantly be doing every single day. I feel like God has really been teaching me a lot about worship recently...

He has been slowly revealing to me the importance of putting aside my own desires and taking a moment to listen to him. Taking that time to praise HIM for all of the blessings he has given me and put in my life. It has been recognition of my 'smallness' (not height, ha), and HIS Greatness. Letting HIM sink deep into my heart so that I truly recognize His Grace, Power, and Love. Worship, for me, has become less of me giving something, like a song or a work of art, back to Him, but it is a public and private declaration of His Beauty and Power over anything and everything Human. Letting Him truly come into our lives and willingly having Him change our hearts...

Too often, I sing worship songs, pray, and read my Bible without really inviting Him to come into my heart and change me. Sometimes, I think I am afraid of change. Or, if I want change, I try to change the course of my life and my heart on my own... and every time I do this, I am unsuccessful. Why? Because He is the only one who can change us.

One of my friends, Derek, introduced me to this song. Shane and Shane have a beautiful way of both captivating an audience with their AMAZING talents while also staying rooted in the Gospel and inviting the LORD to come invade their hearts and lives (and reminding viewers to do the same).

Take a moment. Listen to this song. Truly worship.

No comments: