|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Monday, March 1, 2010

... And it's onto #3!

GREAT NEWS.

In September, I posted about how I completely finished my first journal and how that was a HUGE thing for me. Well, I also talked about how I was starting a new journal... and guess what? Last night, I finished that second journal. I now have two full journals of writings!

I still don't know how else to express how big this is for me.

I know, I know, to some, a year and a half later and only two journals filled in might not seem like very much. But for someone who procrastinates as much as I do, for how forgetful I am, with the love-hate relationship I have for writing, and with how much I used to struggle with investigating my own life, acknowledging strengths and weaknesses, and reflecting on my relationship with the LORD, two full journals of these writings amazes me.

It's a slow process, but God is revealing a lot to me. He has given me persistence. He has enabled me to be more intentional about examining who I am and my identity in Christ. He has pushed me to lead a more prayerful life... one that records and is kept accountable.

I still have a lot of growing and learning to do. I still have a long way to go in my journaling endeavors... but I am excited to be emerged in this process. To have written evidence of change, of strengths, of weakness and areas of growth, and notes of prayers and special sermons. Of what I have learned and where He is leading me.

Pray that with this third journal, I am able to continue growing and learning.

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers over the past year and a half.

No comments: