|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Question Game

One of my favorite things to do with people on a Friday or Saturday night is to just hang out at my apartment (preferably on my roof) and play the question game.  You may be thinking, The Question Game? What is that? That just sounds silly.  Well... if you are thinking that, you are WRONG and have been completely missing out.  The Question Game is probably one of the most marvelous games around.  [It's not even really a game, but it makes it sound way more intriguing...]  

So, in case you have not been able to experience the Question Game in all of it's glory, I will explain it to you.  So, picture this: there's a group of people (preferably at least 3 and definitely no more than 8) gathered in a circle.  One person starts and asks a question (deep or shallow, it doesn't really matter) and everyone, starting with the person to the left of the "questioner", answers the question.  Once everyone has answered, that person to the left asks the next question... and so on and so forth.  Some of you are probably thinking, Wow, that is super lame.  That's what you like to do on a Friday or Saturday night? You have no life.  Wrong again, my friends.  This is how I get to know my friends.  This is how I find out little quirks and details. This is intimate time, not time wasted.  ANDDDDDD it's free.  BONUS!!! 

I love getting to know people.  I love how mysterious and different each person is from the next.  I love hearing people talk about their lives, different likes and dislikes, their opinions and certain issues, and the list goes on.  I like people, basically.  I think that there is something new you can learn about a person every single day if you open up your heart and mind to those growing and learning opportunities.  I find that the Question Game strengthens relationships and communal bonds.  By answering questions, you are not only revealing a part of your heart and mind to those around you, but you are hearing the honest answers from those you care about.  Personally, I could not ask for a better pass time.

The questions vary in seriousness of course... For example... last night, we played the question game.  We asked questions like: What is your opinion of Capital Punishment? Who has made the biggest impact on your life? If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? What is the one food you could eat for the rest of your life? Where would you want to go on your honeymoon?  There were TONS more, 'cause we played for like 3 hours. 

It's important to question.  It's important to be honest and vulnerable in front of people you care about and who care about you.  It's imperative that we get to know others and love them no matter how they might answer.  I encourage you to play the question game with some friends.  Seriously, you won't regret it.

1 comment:

Cody said...

So why is it that I have never been involved in these question games? Are we not friends?