|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Luggage

Last night was my last casual Bible Study.

Joe and I have basically been team-leading this particular group since the end of March/beginning of April.  It's been a great way for me to meet individuals new to faith, just exploring Rechurch, and those who want to gain a better understanding of what Christianity is all about.  I have met some incredible people with some really beneficial things to say and relevant questions to ask.  It's been encouraging to see people grow and flourish... not because of the Bible Study in and of itself, but because of the Holy Spirit working in their hearts.  We are just there to provide an environment open to questions and discussions without passing judgment and He does the rest of the work.  I must say that I am glad and relieved I am not responsible for changing hearts.


For our last small group, we watched the nooma video "Luggage" and talked about forgiveness and how the wounds of our past influence and impact our future.  So good for me to continue reflecting on this topic... And SO thankful for Rob Bell's wisdom when he made the statement that we should always forgive and never say "Yeah, I don't forgive them", because what if God said that about us?  Yeah, we'd pretty much all be screwed.  Just one more reason I am so thankful for Jesus.

Our group was smaller in numbers than it usually is, but our conversations were really good.  I feel like people shared more openly the wounds of their past than they have before - including myself.  I am so excited to hear about future meetings from Joe and my friends in the group.  I am really hoping that people continue finding a strong community in the group and become eager to know more.

No comments: