I have been having a really good week. Joe and Amy are back from vacation, so they have been giving me lots to do in the office, I am running and working out more (Zumba is STILL awesome), I am a part of two Bible studies - One I help lead and the other I attend as a learner/student, I have been getting to know more younger people at the church and hanging out with them on a weekly basis, and I have been spending a lot of late nights just talking and sharing stories with my host parents, Yo and Neil.
To be honest, my heart has completely shifted from what I felt last weekend. Instead of loneliness, I feel like I have people here I can talk to and share life with. Instead of singleness, I feel very much a part of many families here. I feel that I belong more than I thought I did. It's just one more example of how God just keeps proving to me how much bigger He is than anything else in this world. He is bigger than these emotions and feelings of aloneness that we can get easily caught up in. It's a reminder from Him to me that I am here and that I can and will build genuine relationships with these people.
I find myself to be more joyful now than I have been in the (almost) month I have been in NZ. I find myself laughing more and just enjoying the company of others more. I feel like I am more open about myself and my life. God continues to remind me of the simple joys in just sharing little moments with people... For example: Last night at Bible Study, a few of us stayed until 10:45 pm (after it started at 7) and just watched hilarious YouTube clips and told funny stories. I don't remember the last time I laughed and cried that much. It was refreshing to experience those feelings here... because now, I finally feel as if I am settling in more and better than I thought.
Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging me and praying for me this past week.
No comments:
Post a Comment