|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hi... my name is... Agnes?

Have you ever seen 'Despicable Me'? If you haven't, YOU NEED TO.

Seriously, it's super hilarious.

I don't know why, but today (in particular), I am missing sisters a lot. I just am missing being able to call them when something awkward or hilarious happens to me. I miss hearing their voices and them giving me advice when I don't know what the heck I am doing with my life. They mean a lot to me... and even though we are so different from each other and don't always see eye-to-eye, Amanda and Jackie have always been and will always be my biggest supporters and protectors. I just love them a lot.

So, how does this relate to 'Despicable Me'? Well, Elliot and Amanda got it for Christmas but none of us had seen it before. I was going over to their apartment to hang out before I left for NZ and Amanda and Elliot were telling me a little bit about the movie, suggesting we should watch it. Amanda said, "Beth, seriously, the three girls in the movie, the three sisters, they are totally you, me, and Jackie." I look over at Elliot and he is nodding his head in complete agreement. I could not resist, I HAD to see this.

My family has very distinct personalities.. especially my sisters and I. Once I watched the movie, I could not help but die of laughter thinking about my childhood and picturing Amanda as the oldest sister, Jackie as the middle, and me as the youngest, Agnes (Also, which is funny, because the birth order was correct too).

I found a couple of clips of the youngest... do you agree?








Anyways - Just thinking about you today, sisters...

Love and miss you.

No comments: