|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Kiwi Friend
So at my training here in Kentucky, like I mentioned before, there is a great range of people from different backgrounds and experiences. On the first day, I met one of the facilitators named Tim. I quickly came to find out that Tim was a missionary in New Zealand for five years but now worked for the organization, Team Expansion. We talked a long time about what I would be doing there and where I was going to be living. After the class was done while I was waiting for my hosts to get out of their facilitator meeting, Tim began showing me hundreds of pictures and videos from his experience there. I LOVED seeing them... and I could tell he loved showing them.
The next day, when I showed up to class in the morning, Tim walked right up to me..."I have something for you," he said. He told me to hold out my hand and once I did this, he puts this little guy on my palm. It's a little toy kiwi (Kiwi's are native birds to New Zealand and the term 'Kiwi' is describing the native New Zealand people) that is holding a NZ flag and has a little hat and shirt that say, "I love you New Zealand."
Yes, it's a little piece of fake fur and plastic, but I loved Tim's thoughtfulness in this gift and the little piece of Kairos and home it represents in my heart! It is definitely going to be my little mascot for when I am there. Now I just have to think of a name for him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment