
So I am back in Omaha... for good.
I have been going on different trips and mini vacations throughout the summer, but now, until school starts at the end of this month, I am here. You know what that means? Yes ladies and gentlemen, it means I need to get crack-a-lackin' on my art show. I have been working on my paintings throughout the summer, but honestly, I haven't been disciplining myself to work that hard or that much. I would sleep in, make excuses not to go into the studio, be lazy, or substitute working time for hang out time with friends. Now? My procrastination is kind of biting me in the butt. I am stressed about my show, but not trying to let myself seem stressed. I know I have SO much work to do and really not that much time. The next 3 months are going to kick me reallllllllll hard. Uh oh.
Well, be proud, because I officially finished my first piece for my show. For my style of art and the way I use the media, I work on numerous pieces simultaneously so that there is plenty of drying time and layering. Yesterday, my advisor came in while I was working, pointed at one of my pieces and said, "Don't touch it." I got so pumped. I am currently in the middle of like 6 pieces, but it feels good to get one out of the way. Now, only (at least) 11 more to go. Yikes. I definitely need some prayer... bahahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment