I am very driven by emotion... I would say this is both a blessing and a curse. I cry during movies, during the occasional commercial (yeah... don't ask), but most of all, I am moved by music.
Songs inspire me. They make me pause to think about what is going on in my life. They make me wonder, think, and question. They are one of the key driving forces for when I paint and draw... I just blast my iPod stereo and go to town. I often find myself, after or during a really good song, just completely moved to tears. Sometimes, I am almost breathless. Meaningful lyrics combined with the beautiful playing of harmonies and melodies give me goose bumps.
Recently, I have been doing a lot of... "soul searching". I don't really like using this term, but I don't know how else to describe it. I feel like I have a pretty good concept as to who I am, but more recently, I have been trying to really dig down deep to figure out my identity in Christ. I have been extremely convicted of my sins recently, and have experienced that guilt. A guilt for not always trying to get rid of my sin. A guilt for sometimes feeling apathetic about my faith. A guilt for not always living the life that God desires me to live. But after that guilt, I have confessed and felt the overwhelming grace of God. I know He loves me, My Beloved, and no other will love me as much as he does. That is something that I am trying to be driven by every single day. Looking to Him and putting Sin in my life to death (Colossians 3:1-6). I know I still have a lot to learn and experience... and I am excited for when God puts opportunities in front of me. I am excited to learn more about Him and to find complete peace in whatever ways He works in my life. Please pray for me.
Here is a song by the Jordan Howerton Band that has kind of been my theme song over the past week or so... such a good reminder that HIS love will never fail. I just need to embrace Him and his overflowing love for me. For us. It has moved me to tears every single day... probably because I am recognizing and being moved by the truth that God is speaking through Jordan Howerton (and his gorgeous voice... but that's beside the point... ;) )
ALWAYS FOREVER (I REALLY suggest you buying this song on iTunes and listen to all the lyrics... seriously though... it's worth much more than $0.99)
No comments:
Post a Comment