1. Weather. It is cold, bitter, and windy. Often times, it is too cold in February to even snow. The wind just terrorizes humanity in February... especially in Nebraska... dang flatlands. One reason why I want to move to the mountains. And not to mention, the sun rarely reveals itself. It frequently just hides behind those dreary, lumbering clouds in the sky.
2. Most pointless holidays. President's Day? Valentine's Day? Abe. George. You were solid people... kind of... but no offense, your holiday sucks. And Valentine's day? I never understood why there was need to assign a designated day to tell someone you love them. Shouldn't you be doing that every day? The excitement of Christmas and New Years is gone by February 1st, so now, individuals are left with the sad reality that there are no good holidays to look forward to... depressing to the max. OH, and let's please briefly discuss Groundhog's day. Tradition or not, having stupid superstitious beliefs that a dumb rodent predicts the weather is absolutely ridiculous. He always sees his shadow and there will always be 6 more weeks of winter. Face the facts people. Gosh darn animal.
3. It gets the shaft in the length category. Only 28 days? You just blink and the month is over basically. Why can't it just be equal with all the other months... even in a leap year it still gets the shaft. February is the neglected middle child of the Calendar Year family.
4. Nasty Snow. The excitement of snow and snow days are gone. All you see is the nasty, gray, salty, ice-blocked snow that sits depressingly on the side of roads and in the middle of front yards. Tainted snow. Okay, ew.
5. Lent starts. Not really my idea of fun... I'll have my chocolate AND still be tight with Jesus. You're my homeboy, JC. I'm sorry, is this reason sacrilegious?
6. The birthstone is an amethyst and the birth flower the violet. I HATE THE COLOR PURPLE.
7. There are no school breaks. No Winter break, no fall break, no Easter break, no Spring Break... just school. All. The. Time.
8. Hard to spell and hard to pronounce. I don't know if this was just due to my speech impediment when I was younger or my below average spelling abilities, but I seriously couldn't spell or say 'february' for a really long time. I think tat sneaky little 'r' after the 'u' just ruins everything.
9. Nothing good is named after February. I wish I could say there was some inspirational song or movie that focuses on or is set during this "glorious" month, but there's not. Besides general Valentine's Day movies, the media tends to avoid February as a worthwhile time in people's lives.
10. The general demeanor of all individuals. Due to reasons # 1-9, people during this month just seem to be taking slower steps. Feeling a little lazy and depressed because of the weather, bored out of lack of things to really DO in February, and upset at busy school schedules, people attitudes just seem to be a little down... well, at least mine are.
Too bad my birthday is the 22nd. Shoot.
The one thing that might be good about February? It's National Chocolate month. Mmmm, Hello.
1 comment:
#6 is my fav. No better way to make Beth angry than to force purple upon her.
Post a Comment