I am a procrastinator. I will be the first person to admit that to you as well. To a lot of people, being a procrastinator in school is the worst thing ever (well at least to people at Creighton...). I take my time, try my best not to stress about homework and tests, and often wait last minute to study and write papers. Sorry Mom and Dad if you are reading this. I am not proud of being a procrastinator, but it works for me. It really hasn't failed me yet. Of course, I know that if there is a HUGE project due in a class that I know will take forever, I will start it ahead of time. In most cases though, I wait last minute. But as I said, I still get good grades (I am so modest).
Let me give you an example here: WORLD LIT. I HATE WORLD LIT. I am not the type of girl who enjoys reading long stories and poems that are difficult to interpret and then have to write papers on them and take quizzes about our knowledge of the details. I am an AWFUL test taker. AWFUL. I sometimes amaze myself, actually, with how bad I am. Not to mention, I don't have the best memory of details in readings I don't care about (Thanks Creighton Arts and Sciences program for all the GREAT Gen. Eds.). Anyways, back to the example... I had to write three papers. Paper #1: I wrote this the night before. Result: A-. Paper #2: I spent four days outlining and writing this. Result: B. Paper #3: Wrote the day and night before. Result? A. WHAT IS THIS? I feel like the less I think, the better I do. BLAH.
I think a huge part of this is the fact that I dislike many of the courses I am taking. I can pull off a good grade without truly retaining any of the information. The classes I actually enjoy don't seem like work even though it is. I am excited to start getting into more education, development, and art classes... these are the classes I WANT to do well in and the classes I WANT to show off my more "studious" and "eager" sides.
Unfortunately, until then, I have a feeling my procrastinating ways are sticking...
No comments:
Post a Comment