|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall... in all it's glory.


Sooooo I like fall. This is one very important piece of information you should know about me. It's my favorite season by far. Even though I love going to the pool during the summer, skiing in the winter, and playing in the rain in the spring, fall just trumps in my opinion.

Why do I love fall? Well, here are my reasons:

1. The GORGEOUS colors when leaves are changing. I think our surroundings are just so spectacular and stunning when there is yellow, orange, and red.

2. Jumping in leaves. Duh. I know it's something little kids do, but I LOVE it.

3. Raking leaves (it's probably one chore I really don't mind all that much... that and laundry).

4. Sweater and jacket weather. I get to bust out my peacoats and sweaters and it makes me really happy. And shopping for new sweaters and such is also a fabulous experience.

5. Halloween. I love Halloween. I love dressing up and being weird, so naturally, I love Halloween. Not to mention, trick-or-treating is incredible. And so is left over Halloween candy.

6. Candy corn. It's my favorite candy, probably 'cause it's just pure sugar.

7. Hot drinks. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate... I know you can drink these all year round, but having them on a crisp fall day just seems WAY more fitting.
8. School supply shopping. I love shopping for school and new supplies. I love having a fresh new notebook, planner, binders, and pens. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

9. Thanksgiving. I LOVE Thanksgiving. Amazing food. Great family time.

10. Football. Now, I used to not be a huge fan, but since I have come to college, I enjoy the game sooo much more. So yeah, I really do actually enjoy watching football.

11. Baking pumpkin seeds.

12. Carving pumpkins and scooping out all the goop. I just always have this major urge to chuck that stuff at someone's face...

13. Frost in the morning. I love waking up and seeing that little layer of frost on grass, on cars, on trees, and on windows. I think it's great how cold it can be at night but then how mild it is in the day time.

14. NO humidity. Does this need an explanation? I hate sweating when I am not working out.

15. Pumpkin Patches and hayrack rides... NOT scary hay rack rides though.

16. The smell... I don't know if you can smell it or not, but I think fall has a very distinct smell... and I LOVE it. It's like this sweet, woody, almost pumpkin like smell. Ugh, awesome.

17. Apples! Apple picking, apple pie, carmel apples, apple cider... SO good.

18. Going downtown Chicago. There is just something about Chicago in the fall that is so amazing... but so inexplicable at the same time.

19. Hats. I like wearing hats. I don't that often, but I like it when I do.

20. Wearing boots and wool socks.

21. Staying in on cold nights and just watching a movie or reading a book with sweats on and a blanket... or a snuggie...

22. Fireplaces and bonfires. I like fire.

23. Holiday scented candles. Things that smell like baking cookies or anything like that just make my heart melt. I could live without lamps if I could just have hundreds of holiday scented candles around my house... but that's a fire hazard... and I don't like fire THAT much.

24. Harvest moon... so beautiful.

25. Comfort food.


No comments: