|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Saturday, October 17, 2009

847

It is fall break. Glorious. This means I am back home in Chicago, soaking in my favorite season, spending time with family, going downtown, and sleeping. Two of my friends, Laura and Leah, even came with me because they both have sisters that live here. Laura will be staying with me half way through the week... I am excited to give her a little tour of my hometown :)

Anyways, this is going to be a short little post.

Yesterday, I walked into my room and saw a ton of mail on my desk. I look through it and find one VERY interesting letter from the Circuit Court of Illinois... At first, I thought I was being sued. I don't know what for, but I got worried. Then, when I opened it, that's when I saw my Juror badge... I got a letter for Jury Duty. This made me kind of laugh at first, just because my sister Jackie literally just finished her Jury Duty in Kansas. Well, I don't wanna do it, cause knowing my luck, I would get a murder case that would last 5 months. Hopefully going to school full time in Nebraska will be a good enough reason for me to get excused... we'll see...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yes, it should be enough of a reason. Does yours say you have to call to check if you have to go in? Do you have to go in on a certain day? It's all different.

I'd just call and tell them you live in Nebraska and go to school (don't even mention you're home on break).

And if you get called in the future, it's a good experience. I'm glad I got picked... this ONE time... I just hope it's a while (or never) until I'm picked again.