|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Monday, November 10, 2008

November Schmovember

I have not posted in a REALLY long time. Thanks school. 

No, but it's always fun coming back from a break, reading all my old posts, and being encouraged to write again.  I hope I can keep this up.

If I wrote about everything that has happened over the past 3 or 4 months, that would be super overwhelming.  Below are just a few things that have been goin' on in my life... I hope they entertain you to a certain degree...

1) I'm a junior in college.  Life is crazy busy and I am pretty much freaking out about my life and my future everyday.  I try not to but it just happens.  I generally like my classes, but they definitely keep me occupied.

2) My roommate, Anne, is the bomb.com.  If you don't know what that means, that means she rocks.  She is a mixture of a close friend, a puppy, a mom, a tutor, a sister, and a counselor all in one. She is today's Renaissance woman. GO ANNE!

3) I am a recruitment mentor for sorority recruitment/rush in January.  Therefore, I had to disaffiliate from my sorority.  It's sad but I know it is a great opportunity and I will love it in the end.

4) I am volunteering at my church here in Omaha.  I help with the junior high youth group and I lead a high school (freshman girls) Bible study.  These kids are hilarious.  Sometimes I forget how awkward being an early teen was... and I am telling you, I was awkward... okay, and still am, but just in a different way.  They say the weirdest things and do the weirdest things, but I love it.  Not to mention, I work with some crazy people too.  Shout outs to Alex, Meghan, Cole, Justin, Ravi, Justin, and Alyse.  You are all ridiculous.

5)  My Apartment in the Old Market is so awesome.  BEST location ever and SO much fun.

6) Church and Bible study are going really well.  I joined a faith sharing group with a bunch of girls here at Creighton and it is amazing.  I love them and love hearing their insight and encouraging words every Tuesday night.  Church at Stonebridge is going well.  I am excited I was able to get involved with the student ministry and that I have been meeting a lot more people.  I also went on the Encounter with Christ retreat with Campus Ministry this past weekend and I had a blast.  It was so fun meeting new people, having CHRIST and Faith as the focus of our lives, and to just be able to spend a weekend in the woods focusing on our relationships with others, with ourselves, and with our Creator.  It was breathtaking.

7) My sister, Jackie, got married 3 weeks ago! I love my new brother-in-law, Matt.  The wedding was so remarkably beautiful and SOOOO much fun.  I think my love for dancing, laughing, and being weird scared EVERYONE at the reception.  One of my cousins even asked my parents, "Is Beth always like this?" Their answer? "YES." I am so proud.  LOVE YOU MATT AND JACKIE WILD!

8) My Dad has gone through one consolidation treatment of chemo and actually was just admitted into the hospital again today for the second.  At the moment, there are no traces of leukemia, but they want to make sure he stays in remission.  Keep praying for him please.

9) Barack Obama was elected as the 44th president of the United States. Now, I think politics are important, but have never liked being over political.  But in this case, I will be... YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! I am very happy.  I am excited that our country stepped up and opened up to change, even if we don't know what the road ahead looks like.  Look to Syler Thomas' blog (the site is in the side bar -----> ) and read his blog post from November 1st... I LOVE it.

Well that's the general update.  I will make sure to keep posting!

No comments: