I don't want to get into details too much because I think YOU should read it. It is incredible. It isn't the fastest read, just because there are so many details and sometimes it gets confusing, but it is interesting every step of the way nonetheless. So go read it.
|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A Stolen Innocence
Right now, I am finishing up a book called A Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall. Some of you may have heard about this book, but for those of you who haven't, it is about (and written by) a girl that grew up in the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) which was eventually run by Warren Jeffs. Elissa tells of her family, her encounters with the prophets, her questioning her faith, her marriage at age 14 to her first cousin, her escape, and her struggle for justice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment