|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another iTunes 10

THESE ARE SO FUN! No, really, I really enjoyed doing the last one so I wanted to do another.  Hopefully this time, my songs will be interesting!!!!! So. HERE. IT. GOES!!!!

1. Your Guardian Angel: The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- This is a gorgeous song.  This band has a pretty edgy, rocker sound normally, but this song is just completely stripped and raw and real. So beautiful and very captivating lyrics.  It really embraces love and the connection between two individuals.  It is about devotion and faithfulness for eternity.  "Even if saving you sends me to heaven."  I just like them a lot. AND this song.

2. The Carpal Tunnel Of Love: Fall Out Boy- I used to like this band a lot... but now, not so much.  I mean, they are fine, but they don't really intrigue me anymore.  I find this song rather whiney and honestly, I don't really understand anything he is saying.  It just sounds like usual Fall Out Boy... and it bores me.  

3. The More I Seek You: World Mandate 2006- First of all, if you love missions and worship music, you need to go to world mandate (missions conference in Waco, TX).  It is an incredible experience.  This song is stunning.  It is about learning to love God more and being completely devoted to him.  It expresses the longing each human being has to be closer to our CREATOR and our desire to love and be loved.  As the song says, It truly "is overwhelming." Not to mention the singers and musicians at world mandate are incredibly gifted.

4. The Prince You Charmed: Youngstown- AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anyone remember these guys? Yeah, L-A-M-E boy band.  This is again one of those CD's I just found and imported.  But this song is especially hilarious because it was in that Disney Channel Original Movie  The Genius.  In case you need your memory refreshed, that is the one about the really smart kid who goes to college at a really young age, but then also goes to junior high and acts like a punk kid because he doesn't feel like he was ever a kid.  He also likes to play hockey. Hilariously awful movie... AND song.

5. Colors: The Rocket Summer- The Rocket Summer is incredible.  ONE man (Bryce Avary). Plays EVERY instrument by himself.  The only time he has a band is when he is doing concerts/on tour.  I saw him live and he recorded a song by himself right on stage... it was incredible!  So when you are listening to this song on the CD, it is ALLLLLL him.  That makes me like him even more because I know it is true talent. This song isn't one of my favorites, but it is still a really great song... mainly because Bryce makes is great.

6. Umbrella (Rihanna cover): All Time Low- Of course most of us have heard the Rihanna song "Umbrella" at some point, but have you ever heard a pop punk/alternative rock cover? Well this is one.  I love All Time Low and have for awhile now.  Ever since I went to college, I really started getting into the pop punk and alternative music, and these guys pretty much define the genre.  They are cocky and weird live, but they are some of the best entertainers I have seen live.  They bring so much life and personality to every song... enough to make a hip hop song FABULOUS in my eyes.  All Time Low... two big thumbs up!

7. It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door: UnderOath- Oh how well I remember my junior year of high school and my screamo/hard metal phase.  I have seen this band preform 4 times and I remember distinctly going CRAZY when this song played.  I remember the rest of the kids in the audience sweating and throwing punches while screaming the lyrics as loud as they could.  Although I am not quite a huge fan of screamo anymore, this is still one of my favorite UnderOath songs.

8. Far Away Girl: Drew Thomas- Drew Thomas went to high school with my two older sisters and he helped lead/guide the worship band in Wild Kingdom (junior high youth group) and SHYG (high school youth group).  I was around him just because I sang both bands.  You most likely have never heard this song and I don't know if you ever will, but if you really enjoy mellow, acoustic music and talented singers, ask me for his CD.  It is great. I love to just sit and listen to his music... it is really good thinking music.

9. Accidentally In Love: Counting Crows- This song makes me happy... I don't know exactly why, but it does!  It is just so upbeat and... well... happy.  I also think it is in Shrek 2.  If not, it reminds me of Shrek for some reason.  I associate songs with movies way too often. 

10. Would You Go With Me: Josh Turner- Josh Tuner= winner for the man with the lowest singing voice... ever... and, it's country.  Girls just swoon over his voice... personally, this song makes me just want to go line dancing.  I already told you, I am not a country fan.  



No comments: