So one of my friends at school does this little thing on her blog called "iTunes 10". She puts her iTunes on shuffle, then lists the first 10 songs that play and talks a little about each song and what it means to her. She suggested I do this because of m
y random musical taste...so here I go...
iTunes 10
1) Fin: Anberlin- I have been a HUGE fan of Anberlin for years. They are incredible live as well as on their CD's. This is one of my favorite Anberlin songs... it is not only beautiful musically, but this band never fails to deliver heartfelt lyrics that are really impacting when you just sit back and listen. Just beautiful. Nothing bad to say... not to mention, I like the gothic choir touch in the middle and end.
2) I'll Forever Sing: Run Kid Run- This is a band that I heard about within the past year or so. I haven't gotten too into them quite yet, but this is for sure my favorite style of music. They have great potential... I just need to give them some more time. This is the first song I heard of theirs, so it is the one I am most familiar with at this point.
3) The Runaways: Anberlin- Another Anberlin song... so good. This is one of those songs that just really hits home, unfortunately. This band is just not afraid to deliver powerful lyircs... nothing bad to say...
4) Penny & Me: Hanson- HANSON! Of course we all remember them during their adolescent "MMM Bop" days, but this song is definitely more recent and I think fairly represents who they are musically. Of course they will always be those long haired brothers that wooed me with their high voices, but this song shows that these guys actually do have talent, despite the public's tainted view of them. They have really good voices and amazing harmonies.
5) Popular: Wicked Musical- For anyone that hasn't seen "Wicked", do me a favor and GO SEE IT. It is incredible. Hilarious, gorgeous, and touching. This song is so funny... but if you listen to it, I suggest watching the scene on youtube or something, because just listening to it doesn't do it true justice. Kristen Chenoweth has an INCREDIBLE voice and this song just fits her character to the tea... just watch/listen to it.
6) Dreamer: Bethany Dillon- Bethany Dillon is an incredible Christian artist with stunning vocals and an incredible gift of playing the guitar. The message of this song is powerful. It addresses faith as well as the power and the love of GOD. The King in this song is Christ, doing all he can for his kingdom, us. He fights for us, calls us, loves us... and we believe in Him no matter what. We answer his call and we can dream of a Heavenly Kingdom for eternity.
7) This Side: Nickel Creek- I am not a huge country music fan, but the bluegrass style of this band is compelling. This song, although I like it, doesn't show off the instrumental talent of these three individuals. Although the vocals are quite impressive and the harmonies are nothing less of great, the actual playing of the guitar, violin, and mandolin are not showcased at their best in this song. Still a good song though.
8) My Love: Justin Timberlake- Make fun of me all you want for having him on here, but anyone who doubts his talent is psycho. I am definitely not his biggest fan (See Jackie Cavender for this one...), but he is an incredible entertainer and singer. This song to me is just a feel good song that is so easy to just put on in the car and drive to. This is just a really fun song that happens to be sung by a very talented individual.
9) Never Giving Up: 98 Degrees- Okay, this one deserves to be made fun of. I was cleaning out my room recently and I found a ton of old CD's. I just imported all of them and this CD just happened to be one of them. They are ridiculous. This is just one boy band that will never ever measure up to NSYNC or Backstreet Boys... ever. This song has actually never even been played on my iTunes yet... so there you go.
10) If Your Lucky No One Will Get Hurt: Daphne Loves Derby- I first heard this band when they opened up for Anberlin at Sokol Auditorium. I like them a lot. Even thought they are rock/alternative, the main singer's voice is super soothing and this song is just a good relaxing song. This song to me is perfect study music. Not soft enough to go to sleep to, but perfect when writing a paper or studying for some test. Just good atmosphere music.
Well, my list wasn't too incredibly random, but y'all just got a little taste of some of my music. I will have to do another one of these sometime soon. They are kind of fun! Hopefully next time we won't encounter any 98 degrees.
Here is a little keepsake for you....

1 comment:
Ahhhhh! 98 Degrees! I about wet my pants when I saw them on the list. Don't worry Bethy... I have them on my iTunes as well... I am ashamed. One step even lower might be having Nick Lachey though, which I can proudly say I DON'T have.
PS - I am proud to see JT popped up. And I am proud to see you recognize his incredible ability. I truly believe he is one of the best performers/artisits/musicians of our time.
PPS - Secretly, I was hoping Michael W Smith came up... tee hee.
Post a Comment