Saturday, I went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital downtown to visit my Dad for the first time since he had been admitted. I was gone on the Chicago mission trip during the first week of his treatment so I was happy that I was finally able to go visit. My mom and I went up to the cancer treatment floor and as we were passing the visitor room, my mom stopped. "Do you know who that woman is?" she asked, referring to a woman sitting on the windowsill. "Umm... I don't know... I don't think so..." I responded. "That's Juliana's mom." I looked at her again and recognized her right away. She saw us and came out to talk. She told us that her husband/Juliana's dad was in for treatment and that he only had a couple of days. My heart broke. Later that afternoon, Juliana knocked on my dad's door. I went outside and we hugged... we hugged in a way that made us seem like we were still the best of friends since the 3rd grade. She told me about her dad, his MS, and previous case of cancer. We both talked about our fears and basically how much this whole thing SUCKED. We encouraged each other and vowed to pray for one another and keep in touch. I was amazed at how this horrible disease actually brought us together again. I thank God for uniting us and having that accountability in an area of life that is so unpredictable.
I PRAISE the LORD for gradually making my Dad better. I PRAISE HIM in the fact that he is active and his platelets are growing in number. Unfortunately, the Sheehan family experienced a great loss this morning- Her father passed away. A great man, father, and husband was lost today... and it really makes me think and reflect on my own family. It makes me remember to cherish every moment. How unfortunate it is that we need a loss to actually understand what we really have. I AM BLESSED.
Pray for the Sheehan family. Pray that they find great comfort in the LORD. Pray that their hearts heal and that they would rejoice in the fact that the very special man that was in their life is now in Heaven. Pray for strength. Also, please continue to pray for the healing of my father.
You will be greatly missed, Mr. Sheehan (1956-2008). Rest in Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment