My Dad was supposed to be admitted into the hospital and start chemo today as you may have read earlier. But, due to the doctors at Lake Forest Hospital, he wasn't able to. They were supposed to send my Dad's slides of his leukemic counts and such into Northwestern Memorial Hospital (where he will be admitted) before he could start treatment. When him and my mom arrived downtown at the hospital to get him checked in after a final doctors appointment, they told him they still didn't have the slides. Now, he won't be able to go start treatment for another week or two. This is not the first time LFH didn't send the slides either. It's the second.
I'm frustrated. Frustrated because no one at the hospital informed him that they didn't have everything they needed before he actually came in to start treatment. Frustrated because LFH didn't send the slides. Frustrated because I feel like these hospitals are toying with my family's emotions right now. Frustrated because I want my dad to get better. Chemo really sucks... and as much as I would LOVE for there to be another option that is less painful for my Dad, there isn't. I don't want him to be hospitalized downtown for a month, but if it means that he will get better, then he needs to go. The fact that this treatment keeps being pushed back more and more is so obnoxious and painful... for me and the rest of my family.
God is so good and I know the shepherd always watches out for his sheep... this case is no different... I just pray that I am able to keep a calm and compassionate heart during this time. Although this is a frustrating time, I am realizing that I am more at peace with it than I ever anticipated. It's not that I am not sad or scared, because I am. I just know that God is here with my family and that there are a ton of people praying. That comforts me beyond explanation.
1 comment:
Beth
I love you. I share your frustration. God works things out.
Psalm 59:16: God is our fortress and refuge in times of trouble.
I am so proud of you.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment