I got back home Thursday night after spending an extra week in Omaha organizing and moving into my new apartment. My best friend Carolyn was arriving back in Omaha Wednesday after spending a semester abroad in the Dominican Republic. I originally talked with her and told her I would be there for her landing, but then later thought it would be fun to make the whole reunion a surprise. I told her I couldn't make it anymore (and acted super bummed) because my sister was graduating on Friday and my parents wanted me home. My sister's graduation really was on Friday, but there was no issue with me staying until the day before... I am so sneaky :) I played along for a good month and a half or so, acting as somber and disappointed as I could. That Wednesday, Katie May, Joelle Johnson, Emily Arkfeld, and I all went to the airport to pick Carolyn up (after many delays). As the other three went into the airport to wait for Carolyn to walk down the escalator, I laid down in the trunk of Katie's Jeep. I just remember the truck opening, and looking out seeing Carolyn react and shout "Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!" It was a great moment. I really missed my best friend and I am rather impressed with myself that I was able to keep a secret for that long.
Other than that, nothing too exciting has been going on since I have been back home. Amanda, my oldest sister, graduated from University of Illinois in Chicago with her Master's degree in Epidemiology and Biostatistics. I am so unbelievably proud of her! My Grandma was in town for a few days and she left for home this afternoon. She is one of the most hilarious people ever, so it was really fun having her around. I have otherwise been looking for a job and hanging out. OH, also... I have decided I am going to run a half marathon next year. I was going to do it in Chicago in October, but registration closed. I am really excited for it, actually. Running and I have a love/hate relationship, but once I get past the motivation thing, I like to run. It will be really tough, but a couple other people told me they wanted to do it with me, so that boosts up my eagerness.
Well, nothing too exciting... but hopefully more interesting things will come soon!
1 comment:
You're cute ; )
Post a Comment