|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

But What About My Stuffed Animals?

In a week and a half, I will officially be done with my sophomore year of college.  It's really crazy how fast this past year went.  I remember move-in day like it was yesterday; I remember thinking that the year was going to go by slowly.  Unlike what I thought, sophomore year, 2nd semester specifically, went faster than ever.  I have been a semester without my suitemate Laura and best friend Carolyn, which is just weird.  Laura would make fun of me every day for never waking up to my alarm and now, we have an empty room right next to us with a senior picture of Laura hanging underneath our bathroom clock.  I hope Laura brings me back a pretty Spanish boy when she gets back from Madrid.  I have also gone through a semester no longer being the youngest in my sorority.  I know this is kind of a lame realization, but having new girls creates a completely different dynamic (a good one, don't worry).  I was so used everyone that when the new members came in, it really pushed my class to branch out to some really cool, younger chicks, that honestly, we probably wouldn't know without Gamma Phi.  I am very thankful!  I have also had a year of some crazy classes and WIERD professors.  I don't know where Creighton finds some of these people, seriously....  As excited as I am for classes to be over for three months, wrapping things up is so bittersweet.  I love school and this year has been one of the best years ever.  

I remember when I was little and my biggest worry in the world was whether my dozens of stuffed animals would be okay without me there or not.  My homework was to color in the letters of the alphabet and I never wanted to nap.  Now, my homework occupies several hours in the day and all I want to do is curl up in my bed and fall asleep.  I wish I only worried about the well being of my stuffed animals like I did when I was 5.  ::SIGH::




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh... that's the same pose you still do Beth. Fantastic! I love it.