|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tears... the Good Ones.

So, I have been having a pretty crappy day. Not only is it finals week, but just little stuff has been setting off my jerkiness and my grumpiness... sorry for those who got a little dose.

Well, I found out from a couple of friends that my friend Ravi wrote a new blog post about me... I normally would be like, "Hey-o! YEAH! I got a freaking shout out! That ROCKS!" But, honestly, today I wasn't so enthused (Hello Mad Cow Disease). I got even more upset when they started telling me how funny it was, but not to be mad, that it was all in good fun. THAT, right there, to me, pointed to something negative... great. The CHERRY on top of an already horrible day.

So, I decided to face it, suck it up, and read the post. Here, for all of you, is the link:


What was my reaction to this newest post? Tears. I literally started to cry... from laughter. Yes, this did happen. Although it was the brutal truth, it was hilarious... and JUST what I needed to help brighten my day.

Sometimes, I get too serious about life. I let bad things effect me way too much. I feel like I am generally pretty good about letting the little, insignificant things go and to not take unimportant things to heart, but I have been failing at that lately. I have been moody and unapproachable. It's on days like today, when I have been letting STUPID stuff rule my mood, when I need good friends, like Ravi. Friends that point out to me how ridiculous I am. Friends that laugh with me. Friends who accept me for me, bad mood or not, awkward or not, clumsy or not.

Thank you, Ravi, for reminding me not to take stupid things too personally. Thanks for that post, because it seriously did brighten my day... even if you were blatantly making fun of me.

1 comment:

ravi said...

i only make fun of those i love elizabeth :o) i'm glad i made your day better, your post made my day too, not to be cheesy or anything but it meant a lot and i really appreciate it. i'm glad to have such a great friend like you!