|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YAY BFA

So I just had my junior review for my BFA last week and I "passed with flying colors" according to my art advisor. I am pretty pumped to say the least! For this review, I had to compile all the works that correspond to my concentration areas- drawing and painting- and display them for progress review. Along with showing my newer works, I also had to submit a thesis paper that explained kind of what I want to do for my final show. I still can't believe that I am going to have my own gallery showing... it's pretty surreal... it both freaks me out of my mind and makes me want to pee my pants with excitement (I hope this doesn't really happen though...)

For those I haven't talked to recently about my thesis ideas, here are my basic ideas:

I want to draw and paint people and important figures in my life according to a single emotion/characteristic that I think best describes that individual person. I want the medium, the figure him or herself, their positioning, the color, the composition, and all other factors to be in relation to that emotion/characteristic. I basically want to highlight the most influential and important people in my life and how their individualism and their characters impact me in the deepest and most emotional ways. Hopefully, when people look at my work, they can sense the emotion and characteristics I am trying to convey.

This thesis will most likely change (hopefully not completely) and develop but that is the basic plan for right now.

Who knows... maybe YOU will be in my show :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and you are a much younger version of myself. I use to do lots of art and then I started working with children. I went to Texas State University in the 80's and they quiet. I went back in 2005 and just graduated in August at the age of 63. Wow! I just wanted you to know that I enjoyed your work and freshness. You will do great. Keep up the great work.
Mary Kay

Jackie said...

When is your show going to be Bethy? Is it something that I can come to? Let me know... oh yes, Matt and I might be coming up when mom and dad are (and maybe Amanda and Elliot?) to help you move! : ) MWAH!