|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Really Just a Backwards Robe.

People anticipate their 21st birthday's for years.  They just can't wait to go out with friends and be able to order a drink whenever they want.  I was definitely excited for that too.  My 21st birthday was on Sunday and it was so much fun.  15 of my friends surprised me (right after I got out of the shower, mind you... I was in my towel and my hair was SOPPING wet), made me a delicious dinner, and took me out to get drinks later in the night.  It was low key and exactly what I pictured my birthday being like.  I am not that interested in going out a ton, but I like having the freedom of being able to (legally) whenever or how ever much I wanted to.

What am I most excited about though now that I am 21? My Snuggie.  Okay, maybe not really, but it is definitely up there on the list.  For all of you that have been living in a hole for the past 6 months or so and don't know what a Snuggie is, it is blanket with sleeves.  Dumbest invention ever, really.  The commercials are the best though... look them up on youtube.com and I ensure you will get a good laugh out of them.  Well anyways, my mom bought me a Snuggie for my birthday as a joke.  I was making fun of them so bad, she thought she should get me one.  Also, it is supposed to be one size fits all, but that is false.  It is essentially made for someone that is about 6'3'' and 250 pounds.  That is double my size basically so needless to say, this bathrobe/wizard's cloak is rather large.  Snuggies have now taken over the United States as THE PERFECT gag gift/white elephant gift.  That company must be making bank from what is essentially just a backwards robe. 



No comments: