|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Ode to My Best Friend


I take my friends for granted way too easily.  I have the best friends in the world and sometimes it takes something bad to happen for me to even recognize it.  Luckily, this has not happened.  I am sitting next to my best friend Carolyn in Panera right now.  We are just chilling. Doing Homework. Laughing about random things. Making fools of ourselves.  It is the best.  It is moments like this that are so simple yet make me realize how blessed I truly am.  I mean, where would I be without friends? Not here, I can guarantee you that.  I always liked the quote that said something along the lines of "Friends are the ones that love you at your best and at your worst."  I am scary at my worst... and I am still amazed that some people stick with me.  I hope that in 50 years, I will be sitting alongside my best friends like Carolyn in Panera and talking about all the great times we had and all the great times that we still could have.  During times of struggle and need, friends have a remarkable ability to cheer you up and lift your spirits.  I am truly blessed. This is an ode to you, My dear friend.




No comments: