|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Monday, January 28, 2008

House Hunting

I have never felt more adult in my entire life than I do right now.  

Friday night, I went house hunting with two of my future roommates.  It's weird to think that in a semester, I will be living in a house... without parents... with my own room... paying rent... cleaning everything... buying groceries... strange.  I probably sound pretty lame right now, saying that.  I have been in a dorm for almost two years, and as much as I am ready to leave, it's kind of scary.  I am not the biggest fan of dorm food... but no meal plan? Hmmmm... Dorms are gross, the temperature is always messed up, and there is no space.  But right now, that is home.  It is hard to imagine not living right on campus.  

As much as growing up scares me to freaking death, I am so excited.  I declared my major.  I applied for a job not in my home town... or my home state.  I am looking for a house.  I am buying my own things.  I am the main organizer for any philanthropy my sorority is involved with.  I know that these things don't make me an adult.  I have a LONGGGG way to go.  But each day, I realize that I have to grow up and can't avoid it.  Some days I just want to run away from all my responsibilities and be immature... growing older but not growing up. 

Getting older is inevitable and growing up is necessary.  BUT, we have to remember that growing up and getting older in age is COMPLETELY different than being boring and growing old.  I never want to be old... OR boring. 

No comments: