(Insert instrumental music or 'Canon in D' here)
Yes, my friends. It's that time of year... it's wedding season.
Ever since I graduated college, all I could see were engagement pictures here and big shiny rings there. Last summer alone, I received six wedding invites. This year, I already have seven weddings in my schedule.
Last Friday was the launch of this wedding season - starting with my friend Ravi. He is pretty much go big or go home, so naturally, he got married at a baseball stadium following an Omaha Stormchasers game. This next weekend, one of my best friends, Lisa, gets married to another incredible friend, Jon.
As pricey as weddings are and as inconvenient the traveling can become, I must say that I LOVE WEDDINGS. Especially right now... this year I get to witness three of my best friends say 'I Do' to the loves of their lives. I am honored to be a part of their special days and to bear witness to their union.
I love seeing the different personalities of the couple come out.
I love seeing the looks on both the Bride and Groom's faces when they see eachother.
I love hearing the vows and being reminded of the promises they are making.
I love how everyone wants to come around and support/love the couple.
I love the Father-Daughter dance.
I love hearing toasts.
I love dancing. Duh.
Yeah, there are a lot of things about weddings that I may not think are the best, but guess what? It's THEIR day. So who cares? And ultimately, although I love weddings, what I love even more comes AFTER the wedding... MARRIAGE. (Get your mind out of the gutter, sicko)
I cannot wait to see the ways God will work in these different marriages - the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I am convinced there is not a more beautiful way to express God's love for us than by two whole people joining together and making that commitment to love each other and their Creator unconditionally.
Alright party people... let's go dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment