|| We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home || TWLOHA

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools

Alright Alright, in case you haven't heard or haven't already figured it out, the whole "news" about me getting a job and moving to/staying in NZ until November was an April Fools joke.

I have ALWAYS been rubbish at April Fools jokes... I am a really bad liar and no one ever fell for anything I tried pulling... except this year, which I was super proud of!  I mean, it was set up for me pretty well.  I am out of the country, numerous people have told me on separate occasions that they are afraid I will meet someone or fall in love with CHCH so much I will want to stay, AND that my main forms of communication to the states are facebook and email (two ways I can tell people without physically being in front of them... my faces give away my lies).  I thought the idea of me getting a job and staying wouldn't be too far off from possible.

It probably helped that I took advantage of both NZ and American April Fools days... two days of this rumor going around and me playing it off became way more believable than one.  Thanks for all you who helped me pull it off!

I am in fact returning to the states in July... "for good."  Just don't cry or yell at me anymore, please!  I am sorry if this joke wasn't as funny to everyone as it was for me... but at least admit that it was a good one!

No comments: